I like to ramp up my workflows sometime, this time let's do it for terminal.
Goal:- Should be simple to setup. Is fast and beautfiul.
Shell - Zsh
- Alternative options
- I hate fish, configuring environment variable is tough. It isn't POSIX compilant.
- Love nushell, but warp is incompaitable with it. Logs are pretty clean.
- Zsh is quite good, oh my zsh makes it quite good. We probably don't need it right now.
- Bash is meh but good for docker and remote machine as scripts will work.
Terminal - warp.dev
- Fast rust based terminal.
- Use alacritty on linux or remote machine.
- Warp is slightly faster than alacritty Benchmark
- Love alias management, themes, etc.
- AI suggestions are magical. Love the use of codex.
- Workflow support and suggestion for popular packages.
- Use custom theme gist & hack-nerd font.
Note :- Install my ohmyzsh when using linux
Custom prompt manager - Starship
- Custom prompt for all the shells. Works well with warp.
- Custom config : gist
A super fast, beautiful package.